It’s hard to believe we’re already halfway through the year, yet here we are!
As we move into the Summer and start looking forward to having some time for rest and relaxation, now is the perfect time to take stock of how the year’s going for you.
All too often we leave checking in on the things we want to achieve until the year end, but there’s a lot of value in doing a half-year audit of your progress.
It gives you the opportunity to check-in and see if you’re on course for achieving the goals you set or decide if they need to change, and have the next 6-months to course-correct if you’re going a little off track.
Your half-year audit
If at the start of the year you wrote your goals down, this is the perfect time to dust them off and have a good read through.
And if you didn’t write them down don’t worry, all’s not lost. Mid-year is still a great time to get them out of your head and down onto paper. Seeing them visually helps you make a plan and provide clarity to the Universe about exactly what you want.
Now, with your goals in front of you, note down or tick off the things you’ve already achieved. And when you do this I really want you to take your time.
For each thing achieved, take a moment to reflect. Think about what it took for you to get that thing done, and ask yourself:
- How has achieving this goal changed my life?
- Did I make sacrifices to achieve it, what were they and was the sacrifice worthwhile?
- What lessons did I learn along the way?
- In what ways have I grown in the process?
- Who have I met and how did they help me achieve my goal?
- Have I supported other people in the process and how?
Before you move on, celebrate
Once you’ve completed your reflection I encourage you to celebrate every single win you’ve had – big and small!!
All too often we just tick something off and move on without honouring and celebrating ourselves. But the energy of celebrating your wins can be incredibly motivating.
It can be fun to create a sliding scale of different things you do to celebrate big and small wins. Anything from giving yourself an hour or two to be absorbed in your favourite book, magazine or film, to buying yourself a new dress, or booking a holiday, and more!
Finish the year on track
Once you’ve reviewed the things that have been done, it’s time to look at whether you’re on track to complete everything you want by the time 31st December rolls around.
The first place to start is to look at the goals you have left, and ask yourself honestly if they’re still things you want to achieve:
- Do they still align with where you want to be by year-end?
- Is there fine tuning that neeimds to happen?
- Are there new goals you want to add?
A powerful question to ask yourself is this:
“If I carry on doing what I’m doing now, how will my year end?”
When you answer this really honestly, it helps shift your perspective and motivates you to make changes and up your game if needed.
What do you want/need to introduce into your life that will accelerate your progress and support you with achieving everything you’ve set out to do?
Do you need:
- To break down your goals into bite sized chunks so you can see clearly how to achieve them?
- An assistant to do the jobs that drain your time so you can stay focused in your zone of genius?
- A childminder to help you create windows of time where you can get your head down and focus, or give you time to relax and recharge?
- A community to help you feel connected and give and receive support from?
- 1:1 or group coaching to help you overcome any hurdles, money blocks, unhelpful habits?
Getting clear on what you need at this stage in the year, and getting those things in place now, will help you finish the year strong and feel an enormous sense of achievement when your goals are complete.
When it comes to the supportive community and money blocks piece, I’ve got you covered! My Money Magicians community is blossoming into the place to be for the best support, growth and accountability. It’s a super safe, completely non-judgemental space where we’re all focused on supporting each other to create our best lives.
If that sounds like the kind of energy you’d love to surround yourself with to reach your goals, your first step is to click here and take my Money Quiz. Once you’ve taken the quiz book your FREE discovery call with me. During the call we’ll look in more detail at your quiz results and I’ll support you with some tips for achieving your goals. And, only if it feels like a good fit for you, I’ll be happy to share more about our amazing community.
Leave a Reply